Dijon Apple Baked Fresh Ham
2 hours, 10 minutes
- 1 fresh (not smoked or cured) Berkshire ham, about 4 lbs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 brown sugar
- About 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Set your thawed fresh ham into a baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and brown sugar and pour on Dijon mustard.
- 3. Use your hands to rub all those ingredients evenly into the top of the ham.
- 4. Add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to the bottom of the pan, around the ham.
- 5. Put a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the ham and put baking dish in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 6. Without opening the oven, turn the oven temperature down to 325 degrees after those 20 minutes.
- 7. Continue to bake until the thermometer registers 155 degrees, about 2 hours total.
- 8. After the thermometer reads 155 degrees, remove ham from oven, cover with foil or a lid and let it stand 30 minutes. The internal temperature may rise during this time and that's OK.
- 9. Cut and enjoy with mashed potatoes and freshly steamed veggies! 😊