Is grilling on your mind lately?
Between Father’s Day tomorrow and 4th of July coming up in a couple weeks, plus just the fact that summer and warm weather is here, it’s hard to NOT think about grilling.
It’s hard to pick just one good one.
(Stay tuned next week for my favorite smoked shoulder recipe!)
But with all those lovely meats, it’s always nice to have something along side.
I recent made a fabulous (and simple!) macaroni salad. Goes well with any grilled meat.
It can be made the night before (to help the flavors mix well together) which also helps to remove additional stress of meal preparation the day of.
I’d definitely recommend it!
Classic Macaroni Salad
- 8 oz uncooked macaroni
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup finely diced red or green pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 large cooled hardboiled eggs, finely diced
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar regular vinegar works too
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- Slice and dice all the salad ingredients except the macaroni.
- Cook macaroni to al dente (just cooked, but still slightly firm) and run with cold water to stop cooking and keep the noodles from sticking together.
- Add macaroni and all salad ingredients together and stir well.
- Mix the salad dressing together and pour over the rest of the salad. Stir well.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours prior to serving, overnight is even better to help the flavors mix well.