The "Goodest" Honey Balsamic Pork Chops
4 pork chops
- 4 farm raised, fresh pork chops
- salt/seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1. Rub in a preferred amount of salt or seasoned salt on each side of each pork chop.
- 2. Turn on the heat under your frying pan (electric or stovetop both work fine.)
- 3. Pick up one of your pork chops and rub the fatty edge around in the bottom of your pan (to "oil" your pan without having to add extra oil.)
- 4. Add the pork chops to the greased pans and cook on each side (about 5-10 minutes, depending on heat temperature) until the internal temperature is 145 degrees.
- 5. While the chops are cooking, mix together the glaze.
- 6. When the chops are fully cooked, lower the heat and drizzle the glaze evenly across the chops.
- 7. Let the glaze simmer for 5-10 minutes longer.
- 8. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe easily be varied to go with a different number of pork chops.
I made six with it, needing 3 different frying pans across the stove. I used a stainless steel electric frying pan for 3 of them and non-stick pans for the other 3. Non-stick probably worked better for cleaning as the glaze becomes pretty hard after it cools and it fell off the non-stick better. But I love my stainless steel pan, so I just soaked it in water and with a stainless steel sponge and some elbow grease, everything came clean.